Wednesday, October 12, 2011

October 12

Lunch
I liked yesterday's lunch so well that I had it again.
Yet another version of the Japanese Sweet Potato Salad



















Since I will be strapped for time for about a week, I am eager to fix foods that need little preparation time.  I have brown rice and greens handy all the time.  I had some leftover lentil/cauliflower/tomato dish.  I had a cooked Japanese Sweet Potato.  I washed and chopped some veggies, put it into a bowl, and was ready to go.  Broccoli, zucchini, bell pepper. walnuts added to the greens and sweet potato and rice was quick, easy, and tasty.  All intact whole plant foods, which are always the best foods.

Addendum -
Since I am logging all my food, I returned hungry from our dress rehearsal for our next band concert.  Since I was tight for time at dinner, I did not finish all the spinach and veggies, and did not have time to eat the sweet potato.  I finished those off and felt great.

No comments:

Post a Comment